lpr: Unsupported format 'application/vnd.cups-raw'!

Victor Warner vwarner at woroner.com
Thu Aug 14 04:26:28 PDT 2008

have moved from kubuntu 8.04 to Linux Mint KDE RC1

I set up my printer (a lexmark c530 setup with the generic postscript driver) in exactly the same way under Mint as under Kubuntu, but I am unable to print from dos programs running under DOSEMU (even though the same configure files are being used).

Running DOSEMU from the terminal and on printing the following error message is produced:

    lpr: Unsupported format 'application/vnd.cups-raw'!

I have made sure that

    application/octet-stream application/vnd.cups-raw 0 -

in /etc/cups/mime.convs is not commented out

and that

    application/octet-stream

in /etc/cups/mime.types is not commented out

and restarted cups etc but still cannot get any printing going from the DOS applications.