lpinfo -v shows wrong list

shermin sherminismail at gmail.com
Thu Aug 14 04:34:42 PDT 2008

Hi,
1) I have created my custom usb backend and i tried to list my backend in CUPS 1.3.7 ,it shows network card.But while i tried in CUPS 1.4 ,it was showing direct card.Also in CUPS web page it is lising as Unknown(Unknown Network device).What could be the reason???

2)Also my printer manufacturer dont have specific command to retrive the iEEE 1284 device id.I am developing my custom usb backend using libusb.For the time being i hardcoded the device_id in my code and /usr/lib/cups/backend/card lists correctly.In my understanding i cant use the backendGetDeviceID() in iee1284.c file since it is using the IOCTL function.We cant mix up libusb and kernel function together???Please help
So  how will i get it?

Shermin