CUPS 1.3 vs 1.2

Dale djpic at mac.com
Fri Aug 15 20:48:49 PDT 2008

I am using fedora 9 and it comes with CUPS 1.3  I was debating on switching to CentOS5 but only includes CUPS 1.2.  I tried installing the printer and such, it worked locally and with the CUPS web interface (print test page).  The problem I have, with 1.3 my Mac OS X and Windows XP (with bonjour software installed) was able to print to the printer without no problems.  Now with CentOS and CUPS 1.2, it doesn't even show up.  Do I need to use 1.3 because it is the only system compatible with bonjour?

please let me know, thanks.