[cups.general] PS lvl 3 to lvl2 conversion problem.

Michael R Sweet msweet at apple.com
Tue Aug 19 10:25:12 PDT 2008

Marc Moreau wrote:
> On a side note,  does cups do some form of shortest route algorithm to
> determine how to render a particular file?

Yes - see:

     http://www.cups.org/doc-1.1/overview.html

I'm still working on getting this documentation worked into the
current release...

 > Further, does adding the ::
>
> *cupsFilter:    "application/vnd.cups-raster 0 rastertohp"
>
> line to the ppd force the use of that filter?

If you have a single cupsFilter line, yes.  If you have multiple
cupsFilter lines, CUPS will choose the most efficient filter to
use based on the entire chain of programs it knows about.