cups and published printers

Thomas Ricatte elenaher at via.ecp.fr
Tue Aug 26 04:16:16 PDT 2008

Hello,

I have several problems and I home that you will be able to help me.

1) I have a Cups server running on a debian testing and a Mac Os X client. All is ok if I add a printer on the mac with the ipp protocol but I want the Mac to detect the cups' published printers on my linux. With the first solution, RIP is done by the Mac (i have to install thé driver on the Mac). I want the linux to do all the RIP and filtering jobs. I have tried to modify /private/etc/cups/client.conf on the Mac to force him to ask the published printers on the linux. It worked (printers appeared on the mac) but Mac os x crashes when i try to print...

2) Same problem but with many os x clients not in the same subnet as the cups server (but I am able to configure the network to relay announces as I want.

Thank you for your help.

--
Elenaher