[cups.general] how to do sinle queueing [linux-linux like xp-linux]

litlle girl little.linux.girl at gmail.com
Wed Aug 27 14:11:28 PDT 2008

Hi all,
when im printing from XP to samba/cups print server, all jobs are queued on
print server.
And this is good, i can turn off my XP box (not need to wait until printing
ends),
and it is easy to manage single printer queue.

My problem is when im printing from LINUX BOX to the same cups server, first
print job goes to server,
and the second (and rest) are waiting on local LINUX BOX cups queue until
first is done.
And then the next one goes, and the next one.

How to configure LINUX BOX cups / print server cups to have single queue
only on print server
when printing from Linux boxes just like from XP boxes?
To make print server accept all new jobs to queue.

Sorry for my english :)
Regards
LLG