Print from TRU64 (or other Unix) to Cups

Stephen scarey_man at hotmail.com
Wed Dec 3 05:29:04 PST 2008

I'd like to have a central Linux server controlling all our prints, directing them to the relevant 200+ printers around the world.

We currently print from TRU64 to these printers, so our printcap file is extensive on each server.

I'd like to have TRU64 direct the prints to a relevant CUPS queue that then prints to the relevant printer.

I've searched forums etc but cannot find out how to do it.

Also, I suspect I may need to add something to /etc/cups/cupsd.conf.

My Linux distro is Centos5.

thanks in advance,
Stephen