[cups.general] Hold after rip feature ?

Johannes Meixner jsmeix at suse.de
Thu Dec 4 03:35:30 PST 2008

Hello,

On Dec 4 01:30 Julien Blanc wrote (shortened):
> Is there a way in cups to achieve an "hold after rip" feature ?
> "lp -H hold" is not a working option now, because it won't do the rip.

I didn't test if the following actually works:

Set up a raw queue for the printer and let the filtered queue
(i.e. the queue with the printer driver which does the rip)
print into the raw queue for the printer.

Hold the jobs in the raw queue and release them as you like.

Perhaps you may have to disable printing for the raw queue
to hold the incomming jobs there, then change the priority
of the jobs in the raw queue and finally enable printing
so that the jobs should come out according to the priority.

Kind Regards
Johannes Meixner
AG Nuernberg, HRB 16746, GF: Markus Rex