[cups.general] ppdc cannot generate Russian locale

Michael R Sweet msweet at apple.com
Thu Dec 4 08:45:27 PST 2008

ronaly wrote:
> Running ppdc in Russian or Polish  locale I got this error:
>
> ppdc: Unable to find localization for "ru" - No such file or directory
>
> Why can't ppdc support these locales?

We don't have Russian or Polish localizations for the CUPS DDK you
are using.  That said, you can create your own message catalogs to
support languages not bundled with the DDK - just copy the cupsddk.pot
file from the source distribution and change the msgstr lines to
contain the corresponding Russian and Polish text.