[cups.general] Where in CUPS can you enter the printer's

Tim Waugh twaugh at redhat.com
Wed Dec 10 03:02:09 PST 2008

On Tue, 2008-12-09 at 21:36 -0800, stuart wrote:
> I have an AirLink print server connected to an HP inkjet printer. I
> can print to the HP inkjet printer using Windows XP, but not directly
> from a Fedora9 box

On Fedora 9 are you using the most recent update for
system-config-printer?:
  https://admin.fedoraproject.org/updates/F9/FEDORA-2008-8568

This version, made a stable update just yesterday, adds support for job
authentication using the print job applet.

I wrote about starting this work here:
  http://cyberelk.net/tim/2008/04/17/proxy-authentication/

(it's talking about smb:// queues, but it also applies to ipp:// queues
which require authentication.)

Tim.
*/