Paid support for cups available

Helge Blischke h.blischke at srz.de
Wed Dec 10 10:38:24 PST 2008

Andreas Moroder wrote:
> Hello,
>
> we would like to use CUPS to print from Windows via samba.
> We encountered many problems. One big problem is that:
>
> "Foomatic drivers do not work with Windows. " ( M. Sweet )
>
> http://webui.sourcelabs.com/cups/mail/user/threads/Double-sided_printing_A3_printing_with_generic.meta
>

> We tried with the standard cups drivers, but the borders are to large so
> part of the text is not printed.
>
> .. and so on.
>
> Does anyone know about a company or a person that give paid support for
> cups ?
>
> Thanks
> Andreas Moroder

Hi Andreas,

Foomatic PPDs need to be modified to a certain extent to work in Windows.
I've just hacked a little Perl script to do these modifications and tested
it with a Foomatic PPD.

Could you send me your PPD in question so that I can repeat my experiment
with that (I don't fully trust my script yet...)?

And, if it works, it is for free.

Helge

--
Helge Blischke