Using Alternate pstops

Richard Rogers richard at rogersuk.me.uk
Sat Dec 13 12:53:55 PST 2008

Right, I'm new to CUPS, so I obviously need some help...
I need to be able to have user info (eg username, computername, date, etc) printed on each page. To do this you need to install the Alternate pstops file which I have downloaded, replaced the original in the source code, run ./configure, make, make install.
So, I now have a working CUPS 1.3.9, but I still don't know what I have to do to get the username and other data to display on each page.
Can anyone tell me what other file(s) i need to edit and, if possible, whether I can limit this to certain printers, users or groups?

Thanks in advance,
Richie