cups connection failure false - please help

charles charles at biebernet.co.uk
Mon Dec 15 00:40:33 PST 2008

> I have spent the last 3 weeks trying to install my HP Laserjet 1000 in Ubuntu 8.1. I've followed instructions to install to the letter from the foo2js site, from the Forums and anywhere else that offers to lend a hand. I've even uninstalled and reinstalled Ubuntu and tried again - and again.  I always get the same problem.  The printing is processed, but nothing appears from the printer.  The diagnostic says "Page 1 scheduler not running.  Cups connection failure false".
> I've published this on The Ubuntu Forums but the only reply I get is "I've also got this problem".  I am publishing here in desperation, having Googled the world.
> This is a Cups Forum, so surely there is a solution or if not, a reason for this printing failure.  My back is aching.  My wife is fed up with me spending so much time on this problem.
> So, as this is a Cups Forum,  I look forward to an expert coming along to help me. Thanks.

Well, no reply.  That's just about typical of the response (or zero response) I'm getting on whichever forum I post this query.  I cannot believe there is no answer, particularly as others have the same problem.  Where are you all?  This is after all a Cups Forum. It's really amazing how many Cups queries are left unanswered.  Very disappointing indeed. Back to Windows I suppose.  Bill Gates must be laughing!