[cups.general] How can I see the jobs from other users

Michael R Sweet msweet at apple.com
Tue Dec 16 07:34:34 PST 2008

lego wrote:
> Hello, I use two network printers via socket. There are a few (~10) computers in my LAN that also  use these printers.
>
> I need to administrate those printers, and I don't know how to do it (I know that I can allow specific users to print on some specific printers, and things like this, but it's not the case).
>
> When I want to view all jobs, I can only see my jobs, and not the ones from the other users.
> If one user send a 500 pages job, I don't know how can I see it.
> Can you tell me how Can I do it?
>
> Any tutorial will help me, some suggestions?

You need to setup one system to talk to and share the printers.  This
system will be the "server".  You can enable printer sharing using the
web interface in CUPS 1.2 and higher (http://localhost:631/admin).

If the rest of the systems are using CUPS, they should automatically
see the printers and be able to print to them.  If not, edit/create
the /etc/cups/client.conf file on the other systems and add a line
reading:

     ServerName your-server-hostname-or-IP