[cups.general] Printing to a kerberized SMB printer (Windows) - the missing link

Adrian Gschwend ktk at netlabs.org
Wed Dec 17 03:48:22 PST 2008

Michael R Sweet wrote:

> Recent releases of Samba support the CUPS 1.3.x auth-info-required
> interface which allows cupsd to forward the user's Kerberos
> credentials to smbspool.  Note, however, that this requires the
> client be configured with a SGT for the "ipp" service for the
> forwarding to work.  See:
>
>      http://svn.easysw.com/public/cups/trunk/doc/help/kerberos.html
>
> for more information.

ok thanks, didn't really understand that tough. cupsd is configured
properly, afterwards I switched to DefaultAuthType=Negotiate as
described in the documentation.

'smbclient -k -L' works just fine to the same print server so the ticket
itself seems to be ok. When I try to print from cups (Ubuntu), it
doesn't get delivered to the user in default configuration.

I did a debug log with what happens:

http://ktk.netlabs.org/misc/error_log

I see various NT_STATUS... failures so I guess the ticket simply doesn't
arrive on the server.

I didn't really understand what it means to provide SGT for the ipp
service, could you explain that in more details? Google was of no help
for it.

thanks

Adrian

--