cupsaddsmb and printer model

Niconux hahnn at x-itools.com
Fri Dec 19 05:35:15 PST 2008

OK.

In this case, would it be possible to add a paramter to the cupsaddsmb command, allowing us to give a different name than printer name ?

For instance, let's say having the option -M like "Model name":

cupsaddsmb -H samba-server -U samba-user%samba-password -h cups-server:port -v printer -M model-name

and when cupsaddsmb call the rpcclient command, that would be:

rpcclient localhost -N -A /tmp/... -c 'adddriver "Windows NT x86" "model-name:param2:ppd_file:param4:param5:NULL:RAW:other_params"'

What do you think of that ?

There is no need to wait a new version of SAMBA for that, or I my wrong ?

KR.
Nicolas