Printers in Windows XP are printing after install only till reboot

Christian Hanke Chris_SSS at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 22 05:20:52 PST 2008

Hello everybody,

I have installed a suse linux 10.2 and cups 1.2.7. Samaba installed

All Computer working with Win2000 are printing corect. Since one month the Computers equiped with XP (Home) don`t print. If I install the printer XP is printing corect till thenext reboot. It seems that the jobs are disapering somehow, because they are not shown at the spool-manager but when I`m printing the jobs are shown as pending (f.E. in Adobe next to the selcted printer)

The firewalls are down, the printers are installed as 10.60.173.96\Kyocera!

Could someone give me please a hint, what the problem?

Chris