Automatically increasing font weight

sreichelt SebastianR at gmx.de
Fri Dec 26 02:43:31 PST 2008

Hello!

I just got a GDI laser printer for Christmas, which works fine with CUPS/Ghostscript on Linux, for the most part. The only grief I have is that characters with thin lines often have gaps. I guess this is a printer issue rather than a software problem, but I'm wondering whether there is a software workaround. I could imagine a Ghostscript option to increase the weight of all fonts, or a program that sits between Ghostscript and the printer driver, making everything dark slightly thicker. Does something like that exist?

Thank you very much, and Merry Christmas!