Is ~/.cups/client.conf reloaded when it is changed?

karl runge runge at karlrunge.com
Mon Dec 29 09:38:57 PST 2008

> Right, but nothing prevents you from making a tunnel from say
> localhost:8631 to localhost:631, putting "ServerName localhost:8631"
> in client.conf, and then managing that tunnel depending on whether
> the VNC is active.

Yes, that is a good way to acheive this for personal usage (for those
who understand how to do it), and I have done this myself from time
to time.

However for my SSVNC app that is to be used by others, I hesitate to
to require the local 'localhost:8631 -> localhost:631' tunnel to be
running all the time VNC is disconnected for their normal printing to
work properly.  E.g. if the machine was rebooted the local tunnel
would need to be reestablished, etc.

> Anyways, feel free to file a feature request - perhaps we can limit
> the client.conf checking when we see it on application startup, or
> via an option in client.conf...

Thanks, I just submitted it!