Need help on HP Color LaserJet 3600 PPD Driver

franz.pfoertsch.brose franz.pfoertsch at brose.com
Tue Dec 30 01:47:43 PST 2008

> I am running CUPS on Solaris 10.
>
> I found this PPD on the net and installed it:  HP-Color_LaserJet_3600-hpijs.ppd
>
> This PPD driver does not work. What I need is a postscript driver (not hpijs).
> I installed the closet one: HP-Color_LaserJet_3700-Postscript.ppd. This one does not work too.
>
> There is no Postscript PPD for this printer any where on the net. Please share with me this Postscript PPD for HP Color LaserJet 3600. Thanks.
>
> Savan
hie savan the Postscript ppd would not be helpfull!
Your printer did not have a postscript rip. The printer is hostbased the gdi is called  JetReady 4.2

please have a look at http://www.linuxprinting.org/show_printer.cgi?recnum=HP-Color_LaserJet_3600

to run the hpijs ppd you also need the package from http://hplipopensource.com/ but solaris is not supported

I looked at http://hp-pxl-jetready.sourceforge.net/ this could be helpfull

regards and good luck