cupsaddsmb modification

Niconux hahnn at x-itools.com
Fri Dec 19 09:30:50 PST 2008

Hi there,

I've posted several messages to cups.general today, requesting a modification to cupsaddsmb to offer a way to register "driver name" to be different than named printer in CUPS.

Somebody told me there was e feature request opened for that, with number 2928.

Finally, I did the modifcation myself on my source of cups 1.3.9.

I've also posted a comment about that in #STR2928.

I don't know if you, CUPS devel team, you would be interested to see or include this modifications in the source tree. I can provide the files I've modified if you are interested.

That was just for information.

KR.
Nicolas