job owner can't move job?

Don Prezioso dprez at ashland.edu
Wed Feb 6 10:16:01 PST 2008

Michael,

We are running CUPS 1.3.3 on Red Hat EL 4.6. I removed the default (1.1.2 I think) CUPS package that was delivered with Red Hat and installed 1.3.3 from scratch.

I did find that if I added the user to the /etc/cups/passwd.md5 using the lppasswd command then they were able to move their jobs, but not if I gave them a group (in /etc/cups/passwd.md5) other than 'lp' (I assume 'sys' and 'root' might work too, but 'users' did not).

It is almost as if the CUPS-Move-Job is requiring the user to be in the lp group even though @OWNER is on the policy. I know it is using my cupsd.conf because if I change the ALLOW lines in the Location sections I am able to grant/revoke access to subnets.

Thanks

Don