[cups.general] raw printer fails to print

Dave dmehler26 at woh.rr.com
Thu Feb 7 16:12:09 PST 2008

Hello,
    I've got cups 1.3.3-1 and samba 3.2.6 running on a Centos 5.1 machine.
I'm using this as a network printer for windows workstations as they print
to an hp deskjet printer. I've uploaded windows drivers via samba pointprint
and believe that's not the issue. I submit a job to cups and the printer
just sits there. On the centos box if i do an lpq -P printername i see that
the printer is available and printing my test page, even gives the user who
submitted it and the date and filesize, but nothing is happening with the
printer. This setup was working previously. In cups's mime.convs and
mime.types files i do have the raw options uncommented. The cups scheduler
is running, i've got selinux's /etc/selinux/config file set to
selinux=disabled but the selinux type is set to targeted, could this be my
issue? Below is my cupsd.conf file minus comments, no errors show up in
cups's access or error log files.
Thanks.
Dave.

LogLevel info
SystemGroup sys root
Port 631
Listen /var/run/cups/cups.sock
Browsing On
BrowseShortNames Yes
BrowseOrder allow,deny
BrowseAllow @LOCAL
BrowseAddress @LOCAL
DefaultAuthType Digest
<Location />
  Order allow,deny
  Allow localhost
Allow From 192.168.0.0/24
</Location>
<Location /admin>
  Order allow,deny
  Allow localhost
Allow From 192.168.0.0/24
</Location>
<Location /admin/conf>
  AuthType Digest
  Require user @SYSTEM
  Order allow,deny
  Allow localhost
Allow From 192.168.0.0/24
</Location>
<Policy default>
  <Limit Send-Document Send-URI Hold-Job Release-Job Restart-Job Purge-Jobs
Set-Job-Attributes Create-Job-Subscription Renew-Subscription
Cancel-Subscription Get-Notifications Reprocess-Job Cancel-Current-Job
Suspend-Current-Job Resume-Job CUPS-Move-Job>
    Require user @OWNER @SYSTEM
    Order deny,allow
  </Limit>
  <Limit Pause-Printer Resume-Printer Set-Printer-Attributes Enable-Printer
Disable-Printer Pause-Printer-After-Current-Job Hold-New-Jobs
Release-Held-New-Jobs Deactivate-Printer Activate-Printer Restart-Printer
Shutdown-Printer Startup-Printer Promote-Job Schedule-Job-After
CUPS-Add-Printer CUPS-Delete-Printer CUPS-Add-Class CUPS-Delete-Class
CUPS-Accept-Jobs CUPS-Reject-Jobs CUPS-Set-Default>
    AuthType Digest
    Require user @SYSTEM
    Order deny,allow
  </Limit>
  <Limit Cancel-Job CUPS-Authenticate-Job>
    Require user @OWNER @SYSTEM
    Order deny,allow
  </Limit>
  <Limit All>