[cups.general] Delaying print jobs.

Jerome Alet alet at librelogiciel.com
Fri Feb 8 12:45:06 PST 2008

On Fri, Feb 08, 2008 at 11:57:57AM -0800, Adam Penny wrote:

> Nearly there, I think, but I think I may be making a mistake with the printer URL:
> Adding as a normal printer it is:
> mdns://Brother%20HL-1650_1670N%20series%20%40%20PennyG5._ipp._tcp.local
> but if I put tea4cups:mdns://Brother..... the print queue pauses
> and if I try and unpause it it just tells me not possible. Does
> tea4cups have a problem with Bonjour or am I doing something silly?

Untested.

In cupsd.conf set "LogLevel debug2" and "MaxLogSize 0", and
in tea4cups.conf set "debug: yes", then restart CUPS and try again,
finally send your CUPS' error_log file to me as a gzipped attachment
if you don't know by reading it where the problem comes from.

Your problem might be due to :

  - Something preventing the execution of Tea4CUPS : SELinux, not having
    /usr/bin/env or python 2.3 or higher installed, or ...

  - Your CUPS server not listening to 127.0.0.1:631 instead of
    (and not "in addition to") an unix domain socket. Currently
    Tea4CUPS does not support unix domain sockets when talking
    to the local CUPS server.

  - Or an incompatibility between tea4cups and the mdns backend : this
    is untested, but I believe there would be no problem.

hth

Jerome Alet