[cups.general] choice of input tray being ignored/overridden

Per Jessen per at computer.org
Sun Feb 10 10:22:20 PST 2008

I've just installed a 2nd paper tray under our Kyocera laser printer.

When I select cassette#2, for instance over the Acrobat Reader print
dialogue, it does look right: "lpr -o InputSlot=PF60A", but when the
print job arrives at the printer, I can see the printer selecting
cassette#1.  How do I figure who's ignoring or overriding my input tray
choice? It sounds to me like it must be cups?

Also, I'd like to have cassette#1 and cassette#2 listed as "Plain"
and "Letterhead" respectively - is this possible? If so, where do I
change it?

/Per Jessen, Zürich