file:/ Permissions

Shyper babruce at princeton.edu
Wed Feb 13 17:33:53 PST 2008

Hey, I'm currently having trouble with the file:/ backend with CUPS. Right now, I have a raw queue virtual printer printing postscript copies to a given folder. The only problem is that the permissions on these postscript copies only allow the root to read or write to them. I'm using the file:/ backend to create these postscripts, and I was wondering if there was a config setting that would change these permissions automatically. Currently, I have a daemon attempting to through these postscript copies, but I can't do anything with them if I can't open them. Is there any easy way I can automatically have CUPS change the permissions on these copies?  I've been perusing the man pages and documentation for hours, but haven't come up with anything. Thanks in advance.

P.S. From what I understand, what I'm trying to do could be implemented through a custom backend. However, I have yet to understand how exactly to write one, as the documentation for it is extremely nebulous to me.