problems with cupsaddsmb when adding driver

raffenet at mcs.anl.gov raffenet at mcs.anl.gov
Thu Feb 14 08:05:31 PST 2008

I'm trying to run cupsaddsmb to enable Windows Driver download from my Mac OS 10.5 server.  cupsaddsmb fails at the adddriver rpcclient command below:

rpcclient localhost -N -A /private/tmp/47b465fd68a2f -c 'adddriver "Windows NT x86" "canon_d255:pscript5.dll:canon_d255.ppd:ps5ui.dll:pscript.hlp:NULL:RAW:pscript5.dll,canon_d255.ppd,ps5ui.dll,pscript.hlp,pscript.ntf,cups6.ini,cupsps6.dll,cupsui6.dll"'

I've got debugging output set pretty high, so I'm cutting around the error to hopefully get to the important part, which is below:

000000 smb_io_rpc_hdr rpc_hdr
    0000 major     : 05
    0001 minor     : 00
    0002 pkt_type  : 02
    0003 flags     : 03
    0004 pack_type0: 10
    0005 pack_type1: 00
    0006 pack_type2: 00
    0007 pack_type3: 00
    0008 frag_len  : 001c
    000a auth_len  : 0000
    000c call_id   : 00000006
000010 smb_io_rpc_hdr_resp rpc_hdr_resp
    0010 alloc_hint: 00000004
    0014 context_id: 0000
    0016 cancel_ct : 00
    0017 reserved  : 00
000000 spoolss_io_r_addprinterdriver
    0000 status: WERR_INVALID_PARAM
result was WERR_INVALID_PARAM

I'm lost, so any help or experience running CUPS on OS X would be great.