adding a novell-networked printer

Helge Blischke h.blischke at srz.de
Fri Feb 15 05:56:49 PST 2008

jordan wrote:
> I am unable to add/find a novell-networked printer using CUPS version 1.3.5.
>
> I addressed this situation on a linux forum,
>
> http://www.fedoraforum.org/forum/showthread.php?t=179840&highlight=ncp
>
> and it was suggested,
>
> "ncp backend scripts are out there for older versions, maybe someone in the cups forums can help"
>
> Is there someone here who can help, please?

The script published at
	https://help.ubuntu.com/community/NetwarePrintingFromUbuntu
should work provided yiu have the stuff it depends on
(which is independent of CUPS).
BTW, most of the backends that work with 1.1.x still work with 1.3.x
though it may be that you need to modify the permissions to
0700 in special cases to force the backend to be run as root.

Helge

--
Helge Blischke
Softwareentwicklung