CUPS Companion v 1.2.11 - Clients not browsing

Robert rob.roche at acs-inc.com
Mon Feb 18 07:19:57 PST 2008

I've installed the CUPS companion CD v1.2.11 (Printer and drivers and tools) on AIX 5.3 TL06

I'm using CUPS in an AIX VIO environment.

I was able to configure a printer on the CUPS server and print to it. When I configured the client it doesn't browse the server and pick up the printer.

sinpet from cupsd.conf on server

Listen *:631
Listen /var/run/cups/cups.sock
# Share local printers on the local network.
Browsing On
BrowseOrder allow,deny
BrowseAddress @LOCAL
BrowseAllow all

snip from cupsd.conf on client

Port 631
Listen /var/run/cups/cups.sock

# Show shared printers on the local network.
Browsing On
BrowseOrder allow,deny
BrowseAddress @LOCAL
BrowseAllow all

I've read through the docs and FAQ's but haven't found a solution. I've turned logging to debug2 on the CUPS server but dont see any browses from the client.

lpinfo -v on the server or the client dont see the configured printer.

The CUPS client sees a new printer in its admin but not the one I have configured. It show up as

Processor (Processor 10.160.4.21)