[cups.general] Brother Hl-5240 or Lexmark 632tn or 612 laser printer and cups?

Dave dmehler26 at woh.rr.com
Mon Feb 18 11:16:32 PST 2008

Hello,
    I've got a few questions on these printers having the opportunity to get
one of them used. I'm wondering first how well they work with cups? If so,
does either come ethernet ready? I'd like to plug it in to my switch and
have it get it's ip information? If i can do this either ootb or with an
add-on i'd like cups to advertise it to the network, and allow samba clients
to print to this. Is this all doable with either of these models of printer?
Thanks.
Dave.