Disable load balancing

Giovanni Montagni gmontagni at manord.com
Tue Feb 19 05:27:14 PST 2008

Hi,
I setup two servers who contain the same list of printers (i copied configuration from first server to the second).
According to the documentation, clients (all with implicit classes on) "will alternate between servers and automatically stop sending jobs to a server if it goes down, providing a load-balancing effect and fail-safe operation with automatic switchover".

We have some print that needs to be printed in a certain order (so we don't need to order them manually).

The load-balancing feature cause some job to go through one server and some job to go through the second server and then exit to the printer in the wrong order.

There's a way to disable load-balancing feature but maintain the automatic switchover feature? We need it so if a server goes down (i.e. for maintenance) the user can print.

Thanks for your help.

Giovanni