[cups.general] cups+ samba +gdi printer -> problems

Dr.Peer-Joachim Koch pkoch at bgc-jena.mpg.de
Thu Feb 21 04:19:27 PST 2008

Hi,

we have here a new OKI C5650 printer (gdi printer). This
printer should be useable for some windwos users.

I just added it as RAW printer under cups and then installed
the current OKI XP driver, connecting as root to the
print server.

I can install the printer. It's looking like all files (I do not know
exactly which files are necessary) are installed on the print
server, but when I've mapped (as windows-user) the printer,
printing fails. I'can configure the printer and I can
configuire everything on the printer, just the printing
fails (no clear error messages).

Where can I see which files are needed for the client to install
the gdi printer ? (the system log on windows has a warning entry with
some files, but those are only the installed files ?)

It's more a samba issue, but maybe somebody has some hints ....

--
Thanks and bye,
     Peer