[cups.general] Fwd: Re: Fwd: Re: Are libusb headers/libs Required to Compilecups-1.3.5

John Frankish frankish at dubai.oilfield.slb.com
Mon Feb 25 21:46:51 PST 2008

>John Frankish wrote:
> >  From which I presume I need to use the following uri:
> >
> > uri = usb://HP/OfficeJet%20K80?serial=ES0911401VOH
>
>Yes
>
> > By "USB printer driver", do you mean the printer.o module (which is
> > loaded on my system)?
>
>Yes
>
>--
Thanks, so - I'm using the correct uri, the usb printer module is
loaded, the cups error_log in debug mode does not report any errors,
but nothing prints...

Any other ideas about what the problem might be? (note that on the
same system, if I compile hplip (but do not change anything else
besides the uri) I can print via the "hp" backend