[cups.general] cups giving 404 when altering settings

Dave dmehler26 at woh.rr.com
Tue Feb 26 08:01:59 PST 2008

Hello,
    I've got cups 1.3.3 on centos 5.1 working with encryption. And i think
when i implemented tls encryption i broke something. Previously i would be
prompted for a login if i wanted to do admin functions, i could do them and
got a confirmation page that they were done. Now i'm not prompted for a
username/password, i can access the functions, for example adding a printer,
but now when i click add printer in the web interface i'm given a 404 page
not found msg. Going back to the previous page reveals my settings not
saved. I don't have an idea what i messed up it all looks fine to me. I've
included my uncommented cupsd.conf file below and would appreciate any
suggestions.
Thanks.
Dave.

ServerAdmin email at example.com
ServerCertificate /etc/cups/ssl/server.crt
ServerKey /etc/cups/ssl/server.key
ServerName host.example.com
ServerTokens None
LogLevel info
SystemGroup sys root
Port 631
Listen /var/run/cups/cups.sock
Browsing On
BrowseShortNames Yes
BrowseOrder allow,deny
BrowseAllow @LOCAL
BrowseAddress @LOCAL
DefaultAuthType Digest
<Location />
Encryption Required
  Order allow,deny
  Allow localhost
Allow From 192.168.0.0/24
</Location>
<Location /admin>
Encryption Required
  Order allow,deny
  Allow localhost
Allow From 192.168.0.0/24
</Location>
<Location /admin/conf>
Encryption Required
  AuthType Default
  Require user @SYSTEM
  Order allow,deny
  Allow localhost
Allow From 192.168.0.0/24
</Location>
<Policy default>
  <Limit Send-Document Send-URI Hold-Job Release-Job Restart-Job Purge-Jobs
Set-Job-Attributes Create-Job-Subscription Renew-Subscription
Cancel-Subscription Get-Notifications Reprocess-Job Cancel-Current-Job
Suspend-Current-Job Resume-Job CUPS-Move-Job>
    Require user @OWNER @SYSTEM
    Order deny,allow
  </Limit>
  <Limit Pause-Printer Resume-Printer Set-Printer-Attributes Enable-Printer
Disable-Printer Pause-Printer-After-Current-Job Hold-New-Jobs
Release-Held-New-Jobs Deactivate-Printer Activate-Printer Restart-Printer
Shutdown-Printer Startup-Printer Promote-Job Schedule-Job-After
CUPS-Add-Printer CUPS-Delete-Printer CUPS-Add-Class CUPS-Delete-Class
CUPS-Accept-Jobs CUPS-Reject-Jobs CUPS-Set-Default>
    AuthType Digest
    Require user @SYSTEM
    Order deny,allow
  </Limit>
  <Limit Cancel-Job CUPS-Authenticate-Job>
    Require user @OWNER @SYSTEM
    Order deny,allow
  </Limit>
  <Limit All>