IPP Get-Printer-Attributes in 1.3

Phil Race phil.race at sun.com
Thu Feb 28 10:22:59 PST 2008

Hello Michael,

I located the bug ID 2513 under which this was fixed.
One strange thing is that bug describes the provision
of a default value as "new" in 1.3.0 and "fixed" in 1.3.2.
http://www.cups.org/str.php?L2513+P0+S-1+C0+I0+E0+M50+Q2513

However we see a default value in earlier versions of CUPS (1.2),
so perhaps the problem in 1.3.0 was something else?
And isn't this bug fix now an incompatible change?

Note that this apparently broke some Ubuntu printer configuration
utility as well as us :
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/cupsys/+bug/140887

Also I'd actually expect a default value for this attribute.

-Phil.