Xerox WorkCenter 5665PPD fails cups testppd

Okey Moronu Okey.Moronu at halliburton.com
Fri Feb 29 14:39:34 PST 2008

My office recently installed a Xerox workcenter 5665 multi function printer.

Cups report conflicting options in the printer setup.  When I run the .ppd file through the testppd application, I get the following errors:

xr_WorkCentre5665.ppd: FAIL
      **FAIL**  Missing option FirstPageOptions in UIConstraint *CoverEnabled None *FirstPageOptions "!
      **FAIL**  Missing option FirstLastPageOptions in UIConstraint "*CoverEnabled None *FirstLastPageOptions "!
      **FAIL**  Missing option FirstPageOptions in UIConstraint "*CoverEnabled CoverFirstLast *FirstPageOptions "!
      **FAIL**  Missing option FirstLastPageOptions in UIConstraint "*CoverEnabled CoverFirst *FirstLastPageOptions "!
        WARN    Default choices conflicting!
        WARN    "Interleave None" conflicts with "InterleaveColor White"
                (constraint="Interleave None InterleaveColor ")
        WARN    PCFileName longer than 8.3 in violation of PPD spec.
                REF: Pages 61-62, section 5.3.
        WARN    Interleave shares a common prefix with InterleaveColor
                REF: Page 15, section 3.2.
        WARN    HolePunch shares a common prefix with HolePunchUnit
                REF: Page 15, section 3.2.

The PPD file was downloaded from XEROX website at
http://download.support.xerox.com/pub/drivers/Document_Centre_535ST/drivers/unix/en/PrinterPkgXPXX_2007_09_17.tar

I need help resolving the driver issues.
It does print but I can not use the advertised features.