[cups.bugs] [HIGH] STR #2696: Prints multiple copies of the same page

Andrew Shadoura bugzilla at tut.by
Sat Feb 2 10:38:36 PST 2008

[STR New]

Sometimes when printing, usually one or two pages can be printed twice.
More, often the only first page can be printed, and it prints forever,
until I turn off the printer. And sometimes document prints almost
normally, and random page can be printed up to 5 or 6 times, then
continues printing its normal way, and some another page can be printed
multiple times again.
Yesterday I get even more strange situation: after I got 1st page printed
3 times from OOo, I've exported it to pdf, and tried to print it using
KPDF. I selected page range "2-", but after I started print job, I got 1st
(!) page printed forever. Printing range "2" worked. After turning printer
on/off and restarting cups (`invoke-rc.d cupsys stop && invoke-rc.d cupsys
start`) many times I managed to get my document printed (but, two pages of
15 were printed 4 times each, and pre-last page started printing forever;
I stopped printer, and just printed last page individually).
I can't reproduce this situation, it's completely random and spontaneous.

CUPS version: 1.3.2
Printer: Samsung ML-1510 connected locally via USB

P.S. I'll try to install 1.3.5 CUPS version and see if it will behave
similar, but as I said, I don't know how to reproduce this, I can happen,
and can not, seems to depend on the moon phase.

--
WBR, Andrew

Link: http://www.cups.org/str.php?L2696
Version: 1.3.2