[cups.development] CUPS, raster, CRD/CSA, ...

Aurélien Croc aurelien at ap2c.com
Sat Feb 2 16:11:07 PST 2008

Hi,
I'm the developer of the SpliX project and i'm currently working on the color
correction for color printers (supported by my driver).
To correct them, i have to use the CRD and CSA data provided by the
manufacturer.

Currently my driver work with application/vnd.cups-raster as input data.
Since the color profile  can only be applied on postscript files, i need to
develop an intermediate filter which accepts postscript as input and
generates application/vnd.cups-raster data on the output which will be sent
to the real filter.

It seems to be easily done on UNIXes with ghostscript by using the ghostscript
cups driver and connect the ghostscript output to my real splix filter input.
Unfortunatly, it cannot work on Macintosh since ghostscript doesn't have a
cups driver..

The last solution is to get postscript as ghostscript output and send the
result to pstoraster and connect it to my real splix driver.
But the generated intermediate postscript is definitly too big and the quality
will be definitly bad! Last but not least, pstoraster doesn't exist under
macintosh, it's called pstocupsraster...

I don't know what can i do to apply these color profiles on postscripts
jobs...

SpliX at http://splix.ap2c.org

--
Aurélien Croc