[cups.development] CUPS, raster, CRD/CSA, ...

Aurélien Croc aurelien at ap2c.com
Sat Feb 2 17:26:50 PST 2008

Le Sunday 03 February 2008 02:13:20 Michael Sweet, vous avez écrit :
> Aurélien Croc wrote:
> > Hi,
> > I'm the developer of the SpliX project and i'm currently working on the
> > color correction for color printers (supported by my driver).
> > To correct them, i have to use the CRD and CSA data provided by the
> > manufacturer.
> >
>  > ...
>
> You can probably convert the data to a real ICC profile, which can
> be fed into LCMS to do the color conversions on the CUPS raster data.

It's the first thing i tried to do but i can't since the postscript color
profiles contains code (whereas ICC are pure data). I asked to the LCMS
author and he told me it was too hard to do that sort of conversion. That's
why i forgot this idea.

I will try to develop a tool which insert CRD and CSA data into the initial
postscript file (so it won't alter the postscript data and does not need
ghostscript. So i'll can give the result to pstoraster.

But why pstoraster doesn't have the same name under Mac and other UNIXES ?
What a pity......

--
Aurélien Croc
Projet AP²C - http://www.ap2c.org