[cups.bugs] [MOD] STR #2702: d-bus support should be buildable on operating systems other than Linux

Norm Jacobs Norm.Jacobs at Sun.COM
Sun Feb 10 20:36:31 PST 2008

[STR New]

I downloaded the CUPS 1.3.5 tarball and attempted to build it on Solaris
Nevada build 79 with D-Bus support enabled using
  % configure --enable-dbus ...
Looking through the configure output and building, I found that d-bus
support hadn't been enabled.  After a little bit of digging, I found that
the D-Bus support can only be enabled on Linux due to a check in
config-scripts/cups-common.m4.  A patch to add SunOS to the list is
attached, but perhaps this should simply rely on checking for B-Bus
functionality and there shouldn't be any OS check here.

A quick look at the current development tree revealed that this is also
true in the trunk.

Link: http://www.cups.org/str.php?L2702
Version: 1.4-current