[cups.development] [RFE] STR #2397: Add quota/accounting help page

Michael R Sweet msweet at apple.com
Tue Feb 12 15:27:35 PST 2008

Matt wrote:
> It took a lot of effort and some patient hand holding by the Brother
> techincal support staff, but I was able to get a Brother MFC-5440CN
> working via a network interface on a Dell Inspiron 4900 laptop
> running SuSE 10.2. Everything ran fine until the messages "Print
> quota exceeded" began to show up in the logs. Considering that only
> 52 total print jobs were initiated by five users, and that the limit
> values were all set to "0", this is unacceptable! Please fix this
> before my family begins bowing to Redmond again!!!!

I can't find that message in the standard CUPS sources, and I don't
know what version of CUPS (and what patches) that SuSE bundles, so
you might have better luck filing a bug with SuSE.

That said, if you turn job history off then there will be no way
for the CUPS quotas to kick in; add the following line to your
/etc/cups/cupsd.conf file and then restart cupsd:

     PreserveJobHistory no