[cups.bugs] [HIGH] STR #2720: Unable to print responsorial glyph in font

Christopher Berardi cberardi24 at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 27 09:58:36 PST 2008

[STR New]

Hello,

I use a font called Liturgy.ttf. It includes four glyphs; Versicle,
Responsorial, Maltese Cross, Dag - the printer never prints the
Responsorial character. The other four characters print just fine, but
this one doesn't. What makes things so much more frustrating is that CUPS
used to print this (2 or 3 years ago) and it prints in Windows. Even when
I got a new computer with a fresh install of a different Linux distro
(from Fedora 3 and 4 to Slackware 10.2, 11, and now 12) and a new printer
(both were HP - the current one is a HP Photosmart C6180 AIO). When I try
to print from my Brother HL-5240 Laser Printer, the printer goes haywire
and won't print anything (status light keeps flashing). I have tried
exporting the file into the PDF format and printing from Acrobat, but it
still doesn't print. I use this font alot and I need it to work.

Link: http://www.cups.org/str.php?L2720
Version: 1.2.11