[cups.bugs] [LOW] STR #2720: Unable to print responsorial glyph in font

Michael R Sweet msweet at apple.com
Wed Feb 27 17:02:05 PST 2008

Christopher Berardi wrote:
> Hello,
>
> But, as far as I know, there is nothing wrong with the PDF or ODT (my
> two main files used) files. I can display them on screen properly and I
> can take them to another system (i.e., Windows) and print them properly.
> CUPS is the only variable that is changing.

You also have different printer drivers, printer firmware, and
versions of Xpdf and pdftops to deal with.  WRT fonts, we just push
the bits around, so the application or driver that passes them to the
printer needs to do its work correctly.

Many printers providing PostScript "emulation" do a very poor job of
supporting TrueType fonts... :(