Upgrading CUPS

Nathan Oxhandler nathan at gvtc.com
Tue Jan 1 07:56:23 PST 2008

I know you can not please all the users all the time, you are lucky if you can please most of the users some of the time.

I use Puppy Linux 3.01 which has CUPS 1.2.11.  I plan to buy an HP Deskjet 9800d.  1.2.11 does not show the 9800d in its supported printers, but is does show as a supported printer under the printer drivers.

Has any one who has Puppy upgraded to CUPS 1.3.x?  If so, what did you have to do so I can try and do it right the first time.  Or should I just down load a latter .ppd file?

Thanks,

Nathan