CUPS remote printing issues

Kyle Claisse kyle at kylesplace.org
Sat Jan 5 13:08:16 PST 2008

I guess I did the first thread wrong because apparently nobody can see it. I'm new this type of board system.

	Since I've installed and configured CUPS on my CentOS 5 server I've been having problems printing remotely. All documents remove all traces of graphics and only print text. Many of the documents printed are not correctly aligned to the page, thus some of the top and bottom portions of the page are cut off. This happens with every remote print regardless of OS (Windows, Linux, and OS X tested). The only thing that seems to fix the problem is to transfer the document to the CUPS server and print directly from the machine. I've double checked the PPF to make sure it is the correct one for my printer, and it is. I've also reinstalled CUPS which still didn't fix the problem. Sometimes while printing a document an additional page will print before the actual job. This page contains only the text [b]%%[ ProductName: GPL Ghostscript ]%%"[/b]. I don't know whether or not this is related to the abnormal printing behavior or not but it is certainly a problem.

I greatly appreciate any help that can be offered.

Thanks,

Kyle