qprt to lpr(CUPS) equivalent

angelb angelb at bugarin.us
Mon Jan 14 11:08:32 PST 2008

Hello all.

I have a user using the following qprt command and I'm trying to find
an equivalent lpr(CUPS) command:

qprt -Py_ssh3_lab -w170 -p17 -z1 -L+ -l62

Where:
      -w PageWidth (Sets the pagewidth in number of characters)
      -p Pitch (Sets the number of character per inch)
      -z Rotate page(When z is 1, use Landscape Right)
      -L Linewrap (When set to "+", wrap long lines to next line)
      -l Lenth (lowercase L) (Sets the page length)

Here's my lpr equivalent so far:

lpr -Py_ssh3_lab -o landscape -o cpi=17

I presume with lpr, Linewrap defaults to wrap long lines unless
the nowrap is specified?

So, that leaves the -w and -l options. What -o option are they
equivalent to in CUPS?

Any suggestion or ideas is much appreciated.

Thanks!
Angel