Printing across Internet

Carlos Azevedo carlosarazevedo at netcabo.pt
Wed Jan 16 17:38:08 PST 2008

I need to be able to print between two CUPS servers connected through the Internet.
My intended setup would be : Location A has a LAN with several workstations running Windows and a Linux server running CUPS; Location B has a single Linux workstation running CUPS.
When a job is submitted (from a Windows machine in the LAN) to a particular printer installed in Location A' server, the job would be redirected using IPP to the workstation at Location B and printed on it's local printer.
I'm thinking of installing Location B's printer as a local printer with a RAW queue (as Windows drivers would render the page data) and Location A's printer (Location B's mirror printer) as a IPP network printer.
My questions are :
Would it work ?
How would I install Location A's mirror printer so that it would pass along the raw data without any transformations ?
Do I need to do anything to expose Location B's printer as an IPP printer or is it done by CUPS ?
Are there any caveats ?

Thanks,

Carlos A. R. Azevedo