Quota per user... again:/

Luke lukasz.lewandowski at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 17 06:39:55 PST 2008

I know you may be a little annoyed by everyone writing about this problem, I looked up all the messages concerning this topic but couldn't find the solution for my problem.

I am using EDUbuntu and have CUPS 1.2.2, I tried to set quotas per user on my printer, but they just seem not to work.

At first I did it manualy by opening the printer.conf file and editing the pagelimit and quotaperiod values (to 15 and 18xxxxx - 28 days ;)), but it didn't work. Then tried to do it by using the lpadmin -p [...] but unfortunatly it didn't change anything in the file.

Also, there's no Pytora package for my linux distribution.

Please help, I am getting a bit confused triing to fix this:/

Cheers
Luke