[cups.general] Managing a SMB queue through CUPS

John Hodrien johnh at comp.leeds.ac.uk
Thu Jan 17 11:25:06 PST 2008

On Thu, 17 Jan 2008, Michael R Sweet wrote:

> You *can* use IPP with Windows 2000 and higher using http: or https:
> URIs of the form:
>
>     {http|https}://host-or-ip/printers/sharename/.printer
>
> That will give you *slightly* more reliable printing, but means you
> need to have IIS and the IPP support enabled on your server which
> exposes you to additional security risks on the Windows box...

Excellent.  And this will work with sensible queue reporting with CUPS?  I
assume this then presents a raw queue, so I'll still needs CUPS to prepare the
output.

I'm just sorting out with our university IT getting kerberos authentication
enabled on it.

If this works, I'll be a very happy CUPS loving bunny.

jh

--
"An occupation is wrong, building a wall around these people is wrong,
  shooting children for throwing stones is wrong, stealing peoples land is