Print Test Page - disable from web interface

angelb angelb at bugarin.us
Fri Jan 18 14:04:48 PST 2008

Hello all.

Is there anyway to disable the Print Test Page function from the web
interface for the "Default Policy" without affecting normal printing
jobs submitted using lp/lpr?

I'm setting up groups of printers using Classes backed by Policy
directives and so far, things looks good. Until I have all printers
in a group of Class, I'd like to prevent everyone from sending a test
page from the Web Interface. Of course, they can send a Test Page to
a printer but ONLY to a printer belong to a class which they have
permission.

One way I thought this would work was to include Print-Job in the
Default policy and the user would need to authenticate but this creates
a problem for a job submitted via lpr.

I also tried setting up a Location directive for /printers but it does
the same thing.

Any suggestion or idea is appreciated.

Thanks!
Angel